General usage & care of fabric upholstery
To keep your new sofa or chair looking good, we recommend vacuuming your upholstery at least once a week as dust and dirt can accumulate leading to colour dullness and wear.
Avoid exposing your furniture to direct sunlight or heat for prolonged periods of time as this may lead to colour fading.
Washable cotton Loose Cover
Loose Covers can be washed in temperatures up to 40°C and tumble dried. We recommend leaving covers slightly damp for ease when refitting. Although covers can be dry cleaned we advise machine washing, taking care to avoid washing powders or liquids that contain optical brighteners. Do not use bleach and be aware of the bleaching effect that Benzoyl Peroxide, found in most acne creams, can have.
Wash dark colours separately. Steam iron on reverse if necessary. Mop any spillages immediately with a clean white cloth. It is important to completely wash the cover at least twice a year.
Tailored fit chenille Loose Cover
We recommend brushing lightly or vacuuming each week to keep in good condition. Spilt liquid should be absorbed immediately with a clean white cloth or tissue. A slightly damp cloth may be used to revive the texture. The beauty of a tetrad tailored loose cover is that it gives the appearance of a fixed cover but is removable to allow a full cover clean. We recommend professional dry clean only for these products.
As this cover cannot be removed for cleaning, we advise brushing and vacuuming to remove dust and dirt. Stained fabric should be dry cleaned, preferably with a powder cleaner which lifts the stain from the fabric and can be lightly brushed away. It is always advisable to try a cleaner out on a hidden area first.
tetrad Loose Cover fitting instructions
• Twist pins must be removed before removing the cover.
Tailored fit covers
• Separate all Velcro strips – under arms and frames if appropriate
• Unfasten the buttons
• Ease off, lifting not pulling, alternating from one arm to the other.
• Remove all feather cushion and scatter cushion interiors.
• Do not put cushions or scatters in washing machine
Washable loose covers: these covers have been pre-shrunk using tetrads unique wash and dye process. Wash at 40°C. Avoid washing powders / liquids that use optical brighteners.
• Loosely throw cover over the back and arms
• Evenly distribute the cover across the relevant areas
• Starting with the arms, tuck in individually, working in one direction.
• Smooth out all the wrinkles
• Finish by buttoning up the back.
Seam allowances should be positioned pointing downwards.
• Complete all the seat cushions and scatters
• For best results the cover should be fitted slightly damp or steamed on completion
All Tailored Fit models are Dry Clean only
Order your complimentary samples and brochures, to help visualise how our sofas and chairs will work in your home